Our venues will not be able to operate as normal for the immediate future. Its been clear for some time now that we will not be able to run our Camps Clubs and Adventures as we have done for so long now. As a responsible parent you want to know how we can keep your children safe.
We’ve been working on a wide range of options to increase the safety measures on site to reduce the chances of catching COVID 19 whilst on site.
Currently we are refining these plans so that they are sensible and effective at each venue as we announce our intention to open them. You can expect the measures to include at least some or all of the following:
- Limited flexibility on booking, such as full weeks only, or a block of 2 weeks. It is initially unlikely we will be able to facilitate individual days.
- Us to run out of spaces, we are going to have an operating capacity for less than 20% of normal numbers.
- A social distancing sign in and out, we will need your help and patience to ensure we can make what will be the highest risk parts of the day as safe as possible.
- Your children to express how annoying it is, that the staff keep telling them to wash their hands.
- Some innovative but unusual looking hand washing stations, that’s right our bush craft team (Logan) is busy inventing newfangled contraptions.
- Temperature screening, for staff and children.
- Declarations from parents and families to declare any symptoms or contacts.
- The groups to be a wide range of ages, where we will be looking to keep households together.
- Group bookings to be available, got a big enough group to form your own bubble?
- Each child to be given their own equipment which will not be shared.
- No soft furnishings, the stuffed animals and foam mats are going to be kept in the loft and be missing their summer holiday this year.
- Limited group sizes, “bubbles” not in liquid form, these will be limited groups so that whilst your child is with us they will only come in contact with a maximum of around 15 other children in total, instead of around 250 in a typical week.
- Increased cleaning regime, staff dedicated to wiping down surfaces and disinfecting equipment regularly throughout the day.
- Availability of hand sanitiser in numerous places around the venue.
- Staff to wear additional PPE if administering first aid or intimate care for your child.
- No swimming, currently swimming pools and associated changing rooms are considered high risk areas for COVID to survive in between sessions, therefore we do not intend to be running any swimming pool based activities.