- What about food?Your child will need a packed lunch consisting of a water bottle, 2 X snacks and lunch. NO FOOD IS PROVIDED. Please note we have no facilities to keep food cold.
- SwimmingIf your child is going to a camp with a swimming pool (Oxford High, Holme Grange) they will need swimming kit including buoyancy aids if they need them.
- My child has allergiesIf your child has any allergies please reconfirm these to the staff at the camp. They will have this information from your booking but may have more questions.
- Arriving at campWhen you arrive at the camp you will be directed by sign post to our reception. Be aware this may be in a different location to the school reception. On arrival at reception you will be greeted by the camp manager and displayed will be the planned activities for the day. Please note on display will also be the camp phone number. As this can change we advise you to check daily should an emergency arise. You will then need to sign your child in on the register and then you’re free to go and we will see you again before 18:00!
- Do you accept childcare vouchers?We accept all forms of childcare vouchers. All you need to do is once you have made your booking with us, head on over to your voucher company and transfer the cost of your booking into our voucher account. On booking you will receive a list of account numbers for those companies that require them. If you have any further queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- What are your terms and conditions?
Payments must accompany all bookings; this can be by credit card, debit card or by childcare vouchers.
The cut-off for online bookings is 9:00 Friday morning for the following week (if you wish to book after this time you must contact the office).
All vouchers must be with Oxford Active by the first Monday after the last day of camp.
Trips are non-refundable.
If you need to make a change to your booking (within the same holiday season) please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
14 days or more before the date you wish to change – free of charge.
Less than 14 days before the date you wish to change- £10 admin fee per change.
If you need to cancel a booking please email email@example.com.
14 days or more notice before the date you wish to cancel – full refund less a £10 administration charge.
Less than 14 days before the date you wish to cancel – with regret no refund (unless exceptional circumstances, which will be discretionary via the head office only).
First aid will be administered to children in our care, if required, and emergency services called if necessary. Please ensure all medical conditions are noted on your registration forms and any medication handed in to reception on arrival.
Please note that for promotional material we sometimes take photographs of the children taking part in an activity. If you wish your child not to be photographed, please notify a member of staff on reception.
- What’s a half session?
An AM session is 8:15 to 13:00 if you provide a packed lunch, and 8:15 to 12:30 if not.
A PM session is 12:30 to 18:00 if you provide a packed lunch, and 13:00 to 18:00 if not.
- Can I arrive late and collect my child early?You may drop off and pick up at any time within your booked session.
- Do I have to provide a packed lunch? And snacks?Yes. No food is provided. We have a snack break in the morning, a lunch break, and another snack break in the afternoon.
- Do you allow children to bring nuts in their packed lunches?Yes. If your child has a nut allergy please make sure you notify staff and we can then closely supervise them during lunch and snack times.
- My son is only 5 and can swim a bit with arm bands – will he be able to swim and how will you keep him safe?
All children take part in a closely supervised swim test to judge their ability before every swim session, which is supervised by a lifeguard and a member of staff in the pool.
If your child is a non-swimmer or not very confident in the water they will be looked after by an individual member of staff who will also be in the water.
If your child normally uses any form of flotation aids please provide these, and advise staff on what you would normally do with them.
Once a swim session has begun the lifeguard will supervise from outside the pool and staff will be mingled in with the children also swimming.
Please bear in mind that some sites are limited by site regulations with regards to ages allowed in the pool. Please check each individual camp page for more information.
- I’ve got two children, one is quite young and the other is older. Will they be able to stay together?If you would like your children to be grouped together and not subject to our normal groupings please inform the manager on site when you drop off. Our grouping is not a concrete policy and is flexible however we do encourage you to try for at least their first morning.
- My daughter has never been to camp before, I’m worried she won’t make friends and will be miserable.
Our staff are particularly welcoming to children who have never been to camp before. They will be greeted in the morning and introduced to some of the other children, and closely monitored by staff to ensure they are happy and comfortable.
- Is there parking at the school?There is parking at all sites however spaces can be limited so at peak times you may struggle in some locations. Please follow on site directions for parking spaces.
- Have you got a contact number for the camp in case I need to get hold of a member of staff
When you drop your child off in the morning there will be a phone number written on our display board of whom you may contact during the day. Please be aware this can change, so be sure to check daily. However if you ever struggle to get in contact please phone the main office and they can relay any messages. Please be aware that our office hours are 9:00-17:00.
- What time can I drop off from?Earliest drop off is from 8:15 for a full day and 12:30 or 13:00 on half days dependant on whether you are providing lunch or not. Please be aware you will not be able to drop off any earlier than this. You may however drop off any time afterwards.
- What time can I pick up my child?You may pick up your child anytime you wish before the end of your booked session which for a morning is 12:30 or 13:00 depending if you provided lunch or not and 18:00 for all others.
- What will they be doing in the day?When you arrive in the morning you will see a display board with the day’s activities on it, giving you an idea as to what the children will be doing. Each day is a combination and balance of sports, games, arts and crafts and often cookery as well.
Please be aware these boards are to give an idea of the programme for the day and can be subject to operational changes they are planned taking into account the ages of children attending and feedback from previous days.
- What do they need to wear?Your child needs to be in comfortable but suitable clothing for active activities including going outside, even in poor weather. If it is raining we may still try and give the children some time to play outside so it is helpful if they have suitable attire.
- What food is provided?No food is provided by Oxford Active. This is due to the complexity of allergies, dietary restrictions, and lack of storage facilities available.
- Can I stay for a while with my child?Due to Ofsted requirements we cannot have adults on site without the appropriate safeguarding checks and training. Therefore once you have dropped your child off you must leave. Also when you come to pick up you must report straight to reception. This is for the safety and welfare of all children at camp.
- What happens if my child is upset when I drop them off?If your child becomes upset or ill for any reason throughout the day, the staff will try everything possible to make their time with us more enjoyable. If it is not possible for staff to console your child or they require any form of medical attention the camp manager will contact you on the phone numbers you have provided. Please bear this in mind when registering, and remember to update head office with new numbers if they should change.
- My 3 year old still wears nappies – can they come to camp?Unfortunately we lack the appropriate facilities to change nappies on camp and therefore can only admit children who are toilet trained.
- Do they need a change of clothes?A change of clothes is not required but occasionally useful if your child has got particularly messy during arts and crafts or muddy/wet from outside. If your child occasionally has toiletting difficulties it is also encouraged for them to have changes of clothing as otherwise they will have to be picked up early. Please notify staff on arrival if this is the case.
- My child has severe allergies, can you accommodate for this?There is always a first aid trained member of staff on site who can administer EpiPens in an emergency however it is always worth briefing the camp manager if there is anything unusual in your particular case. Please also draw attention to the allergies and location of the EpiPen on arrival. For other levels of reaction please notify staff on arrival and of how you wish us to act in the event of a reaction of any kind.